Kids Block- 2021 fall
It's never too early to pique children's creative interests. There's plenty of interactive, kid-friendly programming throughout the festival for the next generation of art enthusiasts to explore. Kids Block is a hands-on interactive block for young artists and a youth exhibition featuring 450+ of student works from around the Valley – on display and for sale. Get your young creatives involved with the festival in a new way with our community partners, who will be on-site doing take away projects with young visitors! Please note, the Young Artist Exhibition will be on display all three days of the festival while the Kids Block programming will only be available on Saturday and Sunday located in the Snakes & Lattes Parking Lot on Maple Street (between 5th St. and 6th St.).
- Be an Artist Studio - A Tiny home painting studio
- Educating Children Outdoors: Loose parts nature play area and upcycled cork and bottle cap ornaments, and stick pencil holders
- Recycled City - Kids create a city with recycled cardboard boxes
- Crafts - Family activities include DIY lanterns and beaded bracelets
- Yard Games
- Chalk Art
- Jumbo Legos
- Mother's Lounge - privacy for nursing mothers
- Tables and chairs for taking a breather while the kiddos play
Appreciation for art starts at a young age. For just $5 your child can begin their art collecting journey by purchasing their very own piece of art handcrafted by one of the professional artists vending at the festival. The Young Collectors section will be open Saturday and Sunday of the festival.
Young Artist Exhibition + Competition
The Tempe Festival of the Arts is proud to showcase the spectacular array of K-12 art. Each festival we receive hundreds of pieces of artwork created by talented valley youth who are interested in having their work displayed for a chance to win a cash prize, and for the opportunity to sell their work (please refer to each nameplate to identify which pieces are for sale). You can visit the exhibition near Kids Block, Friday - Sunday at the festival.